Are you an expert teacher and facilitator?
Are you a digital photography and graphic design wiz?
Do you love to share your passion for photography and design?
Do you enjoy leading design projects?
Are you a fan of summer camp fabulousness?
Are you fun and creative?
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow?
Do you want to be part of a great team?
Do you want to make an impact on children’s lives this summer?
Camp EdTech is looking for energetic, creative, and fun digital photographer and Graphic Design Instructors to lead our inspiring skill building curriculum. Photography and Graphic Design Instructors are photo/media design students and professionals with experience in youth facilitation and expertise in digital photography and graphic design.
Job Description Spring: Curriculum Training- (Select weekends in June)
Summer: Full Time- (6-7 weeks June-August)
- Approach education with passion and excitement
- Manage project groups throughout the photography and design process
- Create a positive vibe within your EdTech camper
- Work collaboratively with partner EdTech Instructor
- Responsible for campers producing projects through out the week
- Manage Counselors and CIT’s while in the classroom
- Work closely with the Camp Director, Counselors and other Instructors to create fun camp games, arts and crafts songs, skits and special activities/events
- Assists with camper check-in and check-out
- Interact with parents in a professional and energetic manner
- Give positive reinforcement to campers
- Help cultivate confidence and self esteem, as well as natural love for learning
- Set-up, organize and manage classroom
- Insure equipment security
- Assist Camp Director with camp IT and media
- Refine curriculum and add personal contributions
- Be both Instructor and ‘buddy’ to campers – Instructors eat lunch with campers, perform skits and build positive “role model” relationship with kids
- Instill the EdTech Vibe of kindness, respect, honesty and FUN in all campers
- BFA/current student of photography/and or media arts
- Experience facilitating groups of kids
- Experience working with K-5th graders
- Proven project management skills
- Familiar with Photoshop Elements, Apple or PC computers and digital cameras.
- Experience teaching kids in the respective mediums a HUGE plus.
- Customer service skills
- Experience interfacing and talking with parents/public
- Camp background (Preferred)
- Contagious enthusiasm and charisma
- Team player
- Creative, fun and bright
- A youth programs rock star!
Hours: 7:45am-4:00pm: Monday-Friday
I chose this job because it is in alignment with my skills and goals specifically using technology with children.